09 January 2010

Sleeve Peeve


Q: What are 3/4 length sleeves good for? Cold wrists? Lending the look of Frankenstein to an otherwise proportional person? But mostly, I want to know when will they go away?

A: No one is forcing you to wear 3/4 length sleeves. Most stores carry shirts in both full length and 3/4 length sleeves, so hop down off your cross and go to Target already.

I, for one, hope that 3/4 length sleeves remain available for the following reasons:
  1. They are an excellent vehicle for showcasing my fascinating collection of bracelets
  2. As a sloppy eater, I tend to dredge my soup with my cuffs
  3. They are less tempting to use as surreptitious nose-wiping devices than full length sleeves
On the other hand, 3/4 sleeves are simply terrible for:
  1. Cold, drafty environments
  2. Very tall people who have trouble finding long enough clothing and just want a shirt with full length sleeves already
  3. Individuals with appalling wrists (scabby rashes, bony outgrowths, poorly reasoned tattoos)
  4. People who lack fascinating collections of bracelets
XO,
Ms.Chief

P.S. My friend Tim May has a shirt with accidental 3/4 length sleeves. It's a button down made for a full grown man with sleeves just maybe long enough for a seven year old boy. He calls it his alligator shirt (not as in Izod) because it is perfectly proportioned for an alligator.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Sheila would concur with Madeline, above. :)

Personally, when I wear full-length sleeves, I find myself hiking them up. Something about my wrists feeling constricted just makes me cranky.

BTW, I'm currently wearing socks with sandals. HA! Take THAT, Fashion!

CAPTCHA word: tasymir. Defn: a Tasmanian tapir. ;)